Monday, February 6, 2012

The REAL reason 'Why I'm the guy in BLACK' ...

                                     




A man once sang a very noble sounding song :
It went: 
                Well, you wonder why I always dress in black
Why you never see bright colors on my back,
And why does my appearance 
seem to have a somber tone.
Well, there's a reason for the things that I have on.
I wear the black for the poor & the beaten down
Living in the hopeless side of town

I wear it for the sick & lonely old, 
for the reckless ones whose bad trip left them cold.
And I wear it for the thousands who have died 
Believing the Lord was on their side

I wear the black in mournin' 
for the lives that could have been, 
Each week we lose a hundred fine young men

And he went on :

I wear it for the prisoner
who has long paid for his crime
but is there because he's a victim of his times
 And he added:
Well, there's things that never will be right I know 
And things need changin' everywhere you go

And there were many other noble reasons before he concluded with:

'But I'll try to carry off a little darkness on my back
"Till things are brighter 
HE VOWED 
I'm the man in Black"

It is undeniable that other than when BLACK is the color of skin  -  it IS  a really very attractive color.
In fashion and in everything else BLACK never seems to go out  of style. 

However, noble, romantic and idealistic reasons aside: 
ONE of the many reasons I wear black is actually 
..... BLACK hides dirt from showing up :)

And BLACK clothes stay 'clean' looking longer, cuts down laundry bills.

And as an extra plus, 'BLACK' carries the added glamor of all the above noble reasons !


That's why I too will mostly dress in BLACK  ----- 

And 'til a 'DIRTIER' color comes along
 I too am the guy in BLACK




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to add any positive (non abusive) comments {which will be pre-screened}.