Friday, January 4, 2013

St.Michael's Prayer ..


Overheard @ back pews of a certain church @ some geographical location @ some point in time:

*A believer said: "Unfailingly I recite St. Michael's prayer for protection against the Evil One who roams 24/7 seeking the ruination of souls such as mine. How could he ever hope to get mine, when St. Michael will unfailingly protect me?"

*An equally believing faithful (with a slightly different understanding) said: " I seldom recite St. Mike's prayer, not b'cos I feel safe already; I spend more time exhorting God to protect my soul from the Evil one that resides in me" (he is definitely smoking something)

*Yet another faithful on a higher plane of 'spiritual weirdness' said: "I fervently pray for the conversion of the EVIL ONE just as Mother Mary did call in one of her apparitions for the conversion of the USSR. If the Evil one were converted, as the USSR was, through frantic, frenzied petitions of the faithfuls, would not Kingdom be then instantly realized on earth? 
If God being Love, Agape & all, would destruction of the Evil one be the favored option? Should it not be Love & Agape-ness? If we all pray hard enough would not He soften His Heart & forgive the EVIL ONE, converting him as so many unbelievers had been before?"
(this guy was smoking something definitely & serious stuff for sure too)

*The good parish priest said: "OMG. How did I ever end up here?"

'Thanks be to God'
Mass promptly ended.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to add any positive (non abusive) comments {which will be pre-screened}.