Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day




Jottings in school kids scratch books :
* 'My dad was the greatest, really! A man who'd give another a chance at making it in the world. . He made it possible for the world to know the next greatest - me'
* "My dad showed me first-hand all the mistakes, wrong, wasteful self-destructive habits a man should never try or take up. That's how great he was: drinks, drugs, wine, women, gambling, drifting restlessness, irresponsibility - he done them all'
* 'My dad was an underachiever - nothing much he done. None of the Evil, crooked, destructive, anti-social, irresponsible, murderous, genocidal, unholy, stuff other dads did. What a Sod, no wonder Mom left!
* 'My dad? Huh? I thought Mom was a single mother?
* 'My dad? He was just here    -                  35 years ago.

Oh well -- never could understand what the huuhaaah it was that  needed to celebrate a no brainer act which involved little motivation, almost zero training, no dedication, hardly much devotion, discipline or even ANY serious effort - fathering a kid!?

AND Please DON'T start about Mother's day will you !!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to add any positive (non abusive) comments {which will be pre-screened}.